Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
2015 + 2017 National Family Volunteer Day: Junior Board
Family Volunteer Day is a day of service that demonstrates and celebrates the power of families who volunteer together, supporting their neighborhoods, communities and the world. This day is strategically held on the Saturday before Thanksgiving to “kick-off” the holiday season with giving and service.
On Saturday, November 18th, Catholic Charities of NY will host its first National Family Volunteer Day. On this day we hope to engage over 100 volunteers in service projects that will benefit the individuals we serve.
Projects planned include:
- Ornament Making Project
- Blessing Bags
- Volunteer home-made Christmas decorations
- Volunteer home-made fleece blankets and
Each project will be going on simultaneously, with many volunteers, and with a wide age range. Volunteer Leaders are need to help with the following:
· set up and break down of items and supplies
· Greeting of volunteers
· collection of any items a volunteer may donate
· Man a specific project table
· Guide children and parents to table, demonstrate (if needed) what needs to be done
· Aid in service learning - which involves making sure volunteers know: WHY they are doing what they are doing and WHO the items are for
· making sure everyone is having a great time
· distributing of post-project survey
Additional Information: The Family Day will be held in our East Harlem, Community Center very accessible by the 2/3 train. We are looking for volunteers who are patient, task orientated, organized and who likes working with children.
The doors open for volunteers at 10am, however we ask all Volunteer Leaders to arrive at 9am for set up and brief orientation. Breakfast will be served for all volunteers.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: