Refugee Resettlement: Community Partner (Financial District)
The Refugee Resettlement department of Catholic Charities Community Services provides assistance to refugees, asylees, SIVs, Cuban/Haitian entrants, certified victims of trafficking, and unaccompanied minors from diverse backgrounds. The department offers case management, employment-based, and educational services that help clients feel secure in their new community.
To further help us with this goal, we are looking to bring on volunteers who are interested in assisting clients in the resettlement process through career mentorship, academic coaching, or community orientations.
[For those interested in volunteering or interning during regular office hours please consult the Refugee Resettlement Volunteer position description.]
- Career Mentorship: Assist in job applications and job searches
- Career Mentorship: Perform mock interviews and interview preparation
- Career Mentorship: Advise on career planning
- Academic Coaching: Homework help
- Academic Coaching: Practice English
- Academic Coaching: Discuss academic success strategies
- Community Orientation: Introduce community resources such as public transit, libraries, etc.
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Flexible, patient, compassionate, and interested in working with a refugee/asylee population
- Additional language skills (particularly French, Arabic, and Spanish) are beneficial but not required
Approved volunteers will be notified as the schedule for Community Partner meetings are determined. Meetings outside of the 9 am to 5 pm work week will be held in the Refugee Resettlement office initially on a monthly basis. Volunteer needs will be emailed once a month and sign-ups will be first come first serve.
All volunteers are required to submit background check forms and complete a program orientation before beginning to volunteer.
80 Maiden Lane, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: