Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Tenant Education Program: Survey and Data Analysis
We are looking for volunteers to help with surveying clients who have participated in our Tenant Education Program (TEP) workshops.
Volunteers will make phone calls and assist the Program Coordinator in asking for feedback on the workshops. The Program Coordinator will also teach interested volunteers how to analyze the collected data.
The Program Coordinator will train volunteers in all necessary materials.
TEP is a service provided by the Preserving Housing Department of Catholic Charities Community Services. The TEP consists of a series of training workshops covering topics relevant to preserving and stabilizing housing in NYC. Through its training workshops, this program aims to transform its participants into tenants who are reliable and preferable to the landlord by helping them:
- Learn basic knowledge and skills in managing the family budget
- Identify and practice basic rights and responsibilities as a NYC tenant
- Understand the need for a cooperative and peaceful landlord-tenant relationship
- Learn personal skills of communication and conflict resolution in the landlord-tenant relationship
- Know how to find a safe and adequate apartment in NYC that is affordable and within the tenant's financial means
- Get informed about rental subsidies and assistance programs provided by the local and federal governments
- Be aware of potential roots and reasons for eviction/homelessness and how to avoid them
- Have a glimpse on preparedness for employment and how to become marketable in the job market
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: