Learn to Represent Vulnerable Immigrants in NYS
Seeking attorney or law student volunteers interested in providing pro bono representation for immigrant clients throughout NYS.
NO PRIOR IMMIGRATION EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
- have a JD or be in law school
- be willing to provide full case representation to an immigrant client with training and mentorship support from Catholic Charities Pro Bono Supervising Attorneys
- be comfortable hearing traumatic stories from clients
- be able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- have a willingness to learn new areas of immigration law
- have the ability to travel to the Lower Hudson Valley to meet with clients who live outside of NYC
- be punctual and reliable
The CCCS Pro Bono Project is designed to give you the tools that you need to competently and effectively assist the most vulnerable immigrants. If you choose to accept one of our pro bono matters, you can expect your representation to be supported by expert legal training and in-depth mentorship.
We place the following types of immigration matters:
- Affirmative/defensive asylum (Help immigrants who are afraid to return to their home country.)
- Affirmative/defensive special immigrant juvenile status (Help immigrant youth who have been abused, abandoned or neglected.)
- Other types of removal defense (Help immigrants fighting for their right to remain in the United States.)
- Relief for victims of violence (Help women & children who have been crime victims gain stability and safety.)
- Other affirmative applications (Help families to reunite and stay together.)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: