Alianza: Mentoring High School Students at Highbridge Cornerstone Program
Become a positive role model! Mentor high school students! This location is in the Bronx (Highbridge) and is off the 4 train at the 167 St. subway stop.
We are looking for mentors to become positive role models and career advisors to high school students.
- create positive relationships with mentees in order to support their growth;
- encourage mentees to increase positivity toward themselves, others and their futures;
- assist mentees in exploring college and career options;
- equip mentees with leadership skills; and
- help mentees cultivate an ethic of service in their communities.
The Highbridge Cornerstone program furthers the mission of Catholic Charities Community Service by providing engaging, high-quality, year-round programs for adults and young people.
Highbridge Gardens Cornerstone program is designed to help participants acquire the skills and attitudes they need to graduate from high school, succeed in their chosen career, and give back to the community. Our experience and continued vision includes providing after-school programming for participants ages 5 to adults.
We engage youth with homework help, tutoring, sports, dance and project based activities, which encourage problem solving and teamwork. We also strive to continue and improve our youth leadership and civic engagement through the Youth Council, Young Men's Initiative Program, Teen Action, and Summer of Service.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: