Catholic Guardian Services: Mentor Youths Out of Foster Care
Catholic Guardian Services Permanency Pact Program
Do you want to mentor a young adult transitioning out of foster care?
Whether it's help figuring out how to pay a phone bill, or career advice, or even just talking through a bad day, these young adults can use YOUR help and support!
CGS’ Permanency Pact Program provides an opportunity for youth to participate in a safe, stable, and productive learning environment that fosters lifelong relationships between mentors and mentees.
- Interested in mentoring young adults between the ages of 18+ transitioning out of foster care; who lives in the five boroughs
- Willing to participate in Connection Building Events to bond with their mentees (No Cost Associated)
- Willing to commit to a long term supportive relationship with your mentee
- Permanency Pact Program welcomes those who would like to make a difference in our young adult’s life
Mentors and Mentees connect
- CGS’ Permanency Pact Specialist will schedule and facilitate meetings between mentors and mentee.
- CGS’ Permanency Pact Specialist will create a connection building event between mentors and mentees.
- CGS’ Permanency Pact Specialist will offer incentives for youth and mentors to bond together after background check has been cleared.
- Mentors will meet with mentees face to face once a month
- Mentors will speak with mentee via phone at least once a month
- Mentors will speak with Permanency Pact Specialist once a month to follow up about their experience with the program.
The purpose of Catholic Guardian Services’ Permanency Pact Program is to find a supportive adult for adolescents who are transitioning out of foster care into their own apartments. Most of the young adults in foster care do not have a supportive/positive role model in their life. Youth in foster care often struggle to stay in school, find stable housing, support themselves financially, and secure medical services. Mentors can support, educate, and motivate our young adults with staying in school, career goals, money management and how to maintain their own apartment. Mentors can provide mentees with a tangible safety net as they transition into their journey!!!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: