Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
POTS: Community Dining (Bronx)
Do you want to help feed the hungry?
Part Of The Solution (POTS) is located in the Bronx, and is between the Botanical Gardens and Fordham Metro North stops. POTS is also located off the B/D/4 subway lines at the Kingsbridge Road stations.
Every day POTS serves around 500 free healthy lunches to all, seven days a week. Help us prepare these meals and serve these meals to hungry New Yorkers.
We are looking for volunteers to help with: (1) Morning Meal Prep and (2) Lunch Service.
Daily 8:15am - 11:15am
- Assist POTS Chef with meal prep, as needed
- Sort donations of bread
- Cut and plate desserts
- Set tables in preparation for lunch service
- If POTS receives a food delivery, help move boxes to storage areas
Daily 12noon - 4pm
- Plate food: protein, starch and vegetables for our guests
- Serve plates and drinks to guests' tables
- Clear dishes and wipe tables
- Wash dishes, pots and pans
- Clean-up: sweeping, moppin, taking out the garbage, etc.
POTS’ mosaic of services, big and small, simple and complex, come together in its "one-stop shop" model. Offering a wide array of support under one roof, staff and services work in concert to address diverse and complex needs. When POTS does not directly provide a needed service, staff link clients with peer organizations to ensure every individual receives the help he or she needs. Anyone who turns to POTS in crisis will leave with help, hope and a chance at improved stability. Services include: community dining room, food pantry, mail services, showers, barbershop, clothing room, legal clinic, case management, and more!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: