International Center: ESOL Program Volunteers
We are seeking volunteers for various roles to support our ESOL programs. Volunteers facilitate conversation and/or activities for English learners, helping them improve their communication skills, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Through meaningful activities on relevant topics, volunteers partner with learners to build confidence in conversational English and support their adjustment to life in New York. For many learners, our programs are a first step toward achieving their English goals, and can build a bridge to further education, job training, or citizenship opportunities. Volunteer training and ongoing support are provided.
- ESOL Instructors teach classes in lower Manhattan or at one of our community partner sites
- Conversation Partners meet one-on-one to practice English with our intermediate and advanced learners
- English Group Facilitators lead small conversation groups in our community-based programs for learners of various levels, ages, and backgrounds
- Administrative Volunteers work in our office to support our programs and staff
- Demonstrate native English fluency and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate an interest in and sensitivity to other cultures
- Use active listening skills
- Be willing to work with learners at various levels
- Develop the content and structure of conversation sessions or classes based on learner needs and language goals, in alignment with program content
- Arrive prepared and on time for each session
- Work in collaboration with our team and other volunteers as needed
- Participate in training sessions
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: