Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Kennedy Children’s Center: Curriculum Developer for aspiring Teacher
Is Education your passion? Would you like to help future teacher assistants earn their certification?
Then we need you!
Help us develop a short refresher curriculum in 5th-grade math and Junior High-level reading comprehension/grammar/writing rules!
Our Adult students could use your assistance to pass the NY State Assessment of Teacher Assistant Skills exam and earn their Teacher Assistant certification.
- Very Flexible!
- We ask that you partake in introductory development meetings/calls with our program coordinator (scheduled at your convenience) to grasp the scope of our student's test needs.
- You can develop a curriculum from the comfort of your own home.
- Prior teaching experience
- Able to create relevant assignments and explaining concepts in ways that students will understand.
What you will do:
- Call in with the Program coordinator to access the needs of our current students.
- Help create a curriculum to help our students pass the ATAS test.
- Develop an outline with our staff for next semesters classes!
The Kennedy Children's Center provides high-quality education services to young children with developmental delays, in partnership with families and communities. They accomplish this through child-centered, evidence-based instruction that prepares each student to enter the New York City public school system in the least restrictive environment possible. To better support families with training, guidance, advocacy and also strengthen our school community through professional development and collaborations with local human service organizations.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: