Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
2020 Sorting Donations (East Village)
We are looking for volunteers to help us reorganize and sort donations.
Time: Weekdays, 9AM - 2PM
Location: Spellman Center (137 East 2nd Street, Manhattan)
Volunteers are needed to:
- Conduct inventory of all the donations received,
- Reorganize current space used to house in-kind goods,
- Set up a second room for donations,
- Fill current request for in-kind from programs and agencies (using the information provided on the completed request forms) this requires them to sort, count, bag and label,
- Assist with loading and unloading of vehicles, and
- Monitor pickup schedule
Ideally, we would like to have one volunteer be the lead in organizing our inventory and the other three as support to this person. Long-term volunteers also needed.
The volunteers should be able to lift and move heavy boxes (at least 20 pounds at a time). Be comfortable with using a step ladder. Have some inventory experience.
It would be great to have someone who can travel between our locations at 1011 First Avenue (Midtown East) and Spellman (East Village) from time-to-time.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: