2021 CCCS Alianza Virtual College Advisor Mentors
Want to make a difference in a young scholar's life?
Do you love offering advice on undergraduate academics in colleges and universities? Then we need you!
Alianza's High School Learn and Earn Program students will be graduating in June 2022.
The Learn and Earn Staff works daily with these students with homework help, resume writing, securing technology access, doing academic reviews, and more.
College applications are extremely stressful for these teens. Many are first-generation college students and have no one at home to guide them. That’s why we are looking for your support to help keep these students on track.
2 hours per week (30-minute meeting with students/1.5 hours of research)
July 15th - December 17th
Flexible! You and your student pick the day!
What you will do
The responsibilities of each volunteer are as follows:
1. Communicate with students via email, text, and phone calls.
2. Schedule 30-minute zoom meetings with students and send reminders
3. Researching colleges with students
4. Revising college essays with students
5. Acting as a mock interviewer in preparation for admissions interviews
6. Researching scholarships with students
7. Referring students to appropriate post-secondary opportunities (college prep programs, internships, etc)
8. Track the total number of hours spent with students
9. Contact Learn & Earn staff with concerns for students' safety, health, and mental health.
All volunteers will go through the following process before starting on July 7th
1. Fill out our mentor information form
2. Undergo a background check
3. Attend a training orientation
4. Be matched and begin connecting with their student for the semester
Age Minimum (with Adult): 17+, Minimum Age:20+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: