©2017 Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York, an affiliate of the HandsOn Connect, 1011 First Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10022 | 888- 744-7900
Age Minimum (with Adult):21+, Minimum Age:21+
The Conversation Partner Program is a one-to-one tutorial in which volunteers help learners build confidence in conversational English and support their adjustment to life in New York. It pairs English learners with English speaking volunteers who have been trained to help learners improve their communication skills, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
The International Center requires its volunteers to:
· Demonstrate native English fluency.
· Demonstrate an interest in and sensitivity to other cultures.
· Possess good communication skills.
· Use active listening skills.
· Develop the content and structure of conversation sessions based on the learner’s needs and language goals.
· Make a minimum commitment of two hours per week for four months.
· Participate in at least three 2-hour training sessions.
· Arrive prepared for each tutoring session.
Additional Information: Scheduling depends on our members requests/shedules.
Once the partnership is set it is always at the same time and day.
All conversation partners (volunteers) must be native speakers.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: