Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
2015 NYC Snow Removal Initiative
NYC Service’s Snow Removal Initiative is a last resort information-sharing and referral program that engages community based organizations to connect volunteers with homebound, home-owning seniors that require assistance with snow shoveling during the winter season.
Under a partnership with NYC Service, Catholic Charities New York will be mobilizing volunteers to match them with homebound seniors in various areas in NY during the entire winter season.
As a volunteer of the program, you will:
• Tune into snow reports
• Notice when snow stops falling
• Call senior to inform them of an approximate time for snow removal
• Confirm that snow removal equipment is readily accessible
• Thoroughly shovel walk, piling snow on grassy and/or non-public areas
• Return snow removal equipment where found
What to expect:
- Seniors will reside within a 20 minute walk from your residence
- Once you sign up, will we work to pair you up with a senior that is in your area. (Sometimes there may be a need outside your area)
- Public transportation may be limited
Additional Information: This can be considered an “on-call” opportunity, so reliable and understanding volunteers are requested. In times of inclement weather, public transportation may be limited so volunteers will be expected to make changes accordingly.
Recipients of the Snow Removal program may be age 60 or older and/or have a physical disability. They must also be a homeowner living within the five boroughs of New York City and lack access to the resources (financial resources and/or family/friends) to assist with snow removal.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: