Work With Visually Impaired Teens
The program will be supported with staff at the CGB and volunteers or paid interns. An O&M/ Vision Rehabilitation Teaching (VRT) instructor will provide coordination and manage daily operations. Staff from employment services will identify sites for career exploration and work experience training and provide instruction in soft skills.
Each week will consist of two days of work, two days of activities in the community and one day in house where there will be classes in soft skills, instruction in independent living, guest speakers and more.
Rate of Pay: $17 -20/hour: Staff will assist in the program serving teenagers aged 14-18 who are blind or visually impaired.
Under direction of senior staff:
· Assist and coach teens participating in work experiences (on-site and off-site) on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
· Accompany teens on trips using public transportation to destinations with interactive activities (MOMA, Whitney Museum, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Intrepid, and more)
(Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s)
· Act as a mentor and guide
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Maximum Age:24
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: