Age Minimum (with Adult):21+, Minimum Age:21+
Mentors: Young Men's Initiative (YMI)
Would you consider volunteering as a mentor for 1 or 2 hours per week?
- Go through a screening process to ensure ability to work with teens and be around children
- Be at least 21 years old
- Able to commit for at least a full school year (Nov. 1-June 30)
- Volunteer their time with a group of 2-4 mentees
- Be able to volunteer at least 90 minutes (1.5 hours) a week or as per scheduled sessions, onsite, at the center.
- Be willing to participate in various activities. The scope of the activities will be determined by the program and may include:
- Group discussions on issues related to school transitions,
- Trips and/ or cultural events,
- Arts and crafts, and
- Academic help
- Adherence to youth development principles
About the Mentee’s
- All Bronx residents
- High School Students ages 14-19
- Target are young men, but we may have young women depending on the need
- Mostly come from low-income, single parent households
- Must attend 80% of mentoring sessions
Location: Highbridge Section, Bx
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: