Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Beginner ESOL Class Facilitator
The Refugee Resettlement Office of Catholic Charities Community Services is looking for a dedicated volunteer! Our office assists refugees and asylees from various backgrounds find employment and feel secure in their new community.
We are looking to bring on a volunteer who is interested in facilitating Beginner ESOL classes to assist participants in improving everyday English skills. Lesson plans and other educational resources are provided, but facilitators are encouraged to take ownership of and be creative with the class curriculum.
Classes take place from Mondays to Thursdays 10am-12pm.
Exact hours per week will depend on the volunteer's schedule.
Potential Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitating Beginner ESOL classes two sessions per week
- Creating ESOL lesson plans and activities
- Updating workshop materials as needed
- Designing field trips and cultural events as a part of curriculum
- In addition, volunteers are encouraged to suggest new ways in which they could use their skills or expertise in the classroom.
Requirements: Applicants for this position should have education or experience in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Preferred applicants would be able to make a commitment of at least three months.
Volunteers for the Refugee Resettlement Office must be flexible, patient, compassionate, and interested in working with refugees and asylees. Due to the nature of our work, Catholic Charities Community Services requires that all volunteers submit to a background check and attend the Volunteer Orientation, in addition to interviewing with the Refugee Resettlement Office.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: