Refugee Resettlement: Volunteer (Financial District)
The Refugee Resettlement department of Catholic Charities Community Services provides assistance to refugees, asylees, SIVs, Cuban/Haitian entrants, certified victims of trafficking, and unaccompanied minors from diverse backgrounds. The department offers case management, employment-based, and educational services that help clients feel secure in their new community. To further help us with this goal, we are looking to bring on volunteers who are interested in engaging in our office functions while interacting one-on-one with clients to help them work towards self-sufficiency.
Volunteers are able to work with a diverse, multicultural staff and client population, gain insights into the challenges that refugees/asylees face, provide a service to the office that is integral in the resettlement process, and learn more about non-profit programming and management.
- Develop client resumes
- Assist in job applications
- Facilitate workshops and orientations
- Accompany clients to appointments
- Perform mock interviews and interview preparation
- Tutor in computer basics and employment readiness
- Conduct research on education, housing, mental health, and other resources available in NYC
- Assist in administrative tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Able to work independently and balance multiple responsibilities
- Flexible, patient, compassionate, and interested in working with a refugee/asylee population
- Additional language skills (particularly French, Arabic, and Spanish) are beneficial but not required
Volunteer hours normally take place during office hours, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Hours/shifts can be flexible according to volunteer’s schedule and availability.
Required commitment of 4+ hours per week for a minimum of three months.
80 Maiden Lane, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10038
How to Apply:
To apply, email your resume and a brief letter of interest to the Volunteer Coordinator at Therese.McCarry@archny.org with “Volunteer Application” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing, rolling basis.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: