The Foundling (Deaf Services Program): American Sign Language Interpreters
Do you know American Sign Language? We can use your help as an interpreter for our Deaf Services!
We need qualified and skilled interpreters to assist during special events and workshops.
If you happen to be tri-lingual (Spanish-English-ASL) we have additional services that could use your support!
- Currently working as a professional interpreter
- Completion of formal interpreter training program and verification of membership with the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) is preferred
- *open to considering 2nd year/advanced students who are currently enrolled in an interpreter training program
- Enjoy working with children and families
- About once a month for our workshops and fun events
What you will do
- Provide interpretation service to ensure communication access to staff and clients.
- Guide our Deaf clients through each workshop program
- Help create a warm and welcoming environment for the children and their families.
The NY Foundling was founded in 1869 as a home for abandoned children, The Foundling today offers an expansive array of services for underserved children, families, and adults with developmental disabilities. Whether it’s an abused child in need of a foster home, a young mother who lacks the skills to care for her child, or a young person lost in the juvenile justice system, The Foundling provides the resources necessary to rebuild lives and rebuild families.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: