Alianza: Gardening Assistant at MOSAIC Beacon Community Center
Do you have a green thumb? Can you help us spruce up our garden or build a shed?
We are looking for volunteers to help us clean and maintain the community garden at the MOSAIC Beacon Community Center in the Bronx (Highbridge). We are also looking for volunteers to help us with building a shed and planting flower boxes!
Our hours are flexible -- we are looking for volunteers who can volunteer during our opening hours (Monday - Friday from 11am - 6pm, and Saturdays 9am - 5pm).MOSIAC Beacon is the designated Beacon Center that services the Highbridge/Morrisania section of the Southwest Bronx. We are based in the NYC Highbridge Academy, PS 11. We are on a plateau of prosperity, but with that prosperity comes the pressing responsibility to ensure that everyone in our district is given an opportunity to partake in the economic and cultural renaissance and receives the services available to them.
The MOSAIC mission is spelled out in its acronym:
M-Maximizing, O-opportunity, S-service, A-action, I-in, the C-community.
MOSAIC works to attain four common goals:
1. Cultivate a "safe haven" learning environment to ensure academic achievement along lifelong continuum, culturally diverse programming, expand options toward gainful employment, and enhancement of self awareness.
2. Heighten quality of life for community via development of reciprocal working relationships of neighborhood groups, residents, business, government, CBOs, civic groups, clergy, and the return of native residents looking for opportunity to build up the community.
3. Strengthen the Communities' ability to more effectively utilize current resources for youth development and community services.
4. Attract new support to Highbridge and the South Bronx from Foundation, business and industry, government, and residents themselves.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: