Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
2020 Annual Thanksgiving Distribution: Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Community Center
Want to help families receive turkeys and food just in time for the holiday? Then we need your help!
We are looking for able bodied and enthusiastic volunteers to support the Annual Catholic Charities of New York Turkey Distribution. This much anticipated event in Harlem feeds hundreds of families in need throughout New York.
For the safety of all, this event will be held outdoors under our COVID-19 policy guidelines.
November 23, 2020 - 12 volunteers from 9am – 2pm -
12 volunteers from 11am – 4pm
November 24, 2020 - 12 volunteers from 7am – 12pm -
12 volunteers from 12pm – 5pm
Location: 34 West 134th Street, bet. Lenox & Fifth Avenues New York, NY 10037
What you will do:
1. Set up and clean up
2. Sanitizing work station areas
3. Distribute turkeys, fruit, vegetables, and grains
4. Smile and have fun
1. Be comfortable greeting our guests and giving directions
2. Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
3. Capable of standing and walking for long periods of times outdoors
4. Comply with our COVID 19 safety precautions
1. Upon arrival please wear a face mask. All staff members will wear a face covering and we are asking the public to arrive with one as well.
PRO-TIP- You can bring a second mask to change into after the event.
2. Kindly utilize hand sanitizing and hand washing stations frequently.
3.Use our additional PPE equipment including gloves as needed.
4.Follow crowd flow signs and observe social distancing between your team mates.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: