Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:10+
9/11 Day 2019: Packing Meals on the USS Intrepid
On Wednesday, September 11th, 2019, Catholic Charities NY will be joining forces with over 5,000 volunteers representing over 40 companies, interfaith groups, and organizations to help combat hunger at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City.
We will be helping assemble over 1 Million dry meals for individuals at risk of hunger.
Catholic Charities is an official partner for this project and we need your help!
Please arrive at 9:30 am to check-in and go through security.
Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
12th Ave. & 46th Street
New York, NY 10036, United States
The event will be held INDOORS and be AIR CONDITIONED.
Parking: Please note that parking is NOT available on-site at the event. There may be private parking lots nearby, but we encourage you to take mass transit.
What to Bring and Not to Bring:
- Bring a government issued ID and your online event ticket, either printed or on your smartphone. If you forget to bring your ticket, show up anyway.
- Small fanny packs and handbags are fine but do not bring large backpacks. You won't be able to take them in.
- Please eat beforehand. Bring a snack bar and a water bottle. We won't have food available.
Dress: Dress comfortably, you will be moving around! Shorts and t-shirts are okay, and comfortable closed-toed shoes are recommended.
You may bring friends, partners, and children 10 or over, but they must be registered in advance as part of your group and arrive with their own tickets. This means that they also count toward the organization’s total volunteer count.
If you are registering with your child(ren), please make sure to sign up below as a Team. You can add your child(ren) as team members.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: