Age Minimum (with Adult): 17+, Minimum Age:18+
HOPE 2020: Homeless Count
On Monday, January 27th, the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) will conduct its annual Homeless Outreach Population Estimate (HOPE), a citywide community volunteer effort to count every New Yorker sleeping on the street across the five boroughs during the coldest time of the year.
Join the Catholic Charities team in canvassing parks, subways, and other public spaces to estimate the number of people who find themselves living on the street. Thousands of volunteers help make HOPE a success each year. Come spend a night reaching out to fellow New Yorkers who need your help.
- Volunteers are asked to report at their site at 10pm.
- The count officially goes from 10pm-4am, but most volunteers are done by 3am.
- Monday, January 27th
Catholic Charities will be participating at three sites in Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island.
PS 116 (210 East 33rd Street)
Hostos Community College (500 Grand Concourse - Savoy Building)
3. Staten Island
South Richmond High School (6581 Hylan Blvd; down Cunningham Road)
How do I sign up?
1. Please register online by visiting here:
2. Download the HOPE App. The Hope team will email you a link to download an app to conduct our surveys through your phone.
For FAQs please visit: https://a071-dhsmobile.nyc.gov/dhsmobile/hope/registration/#/faq
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: