9/11 Day 2021: Packing Meals on the USS Intrepid
On Saturday, September 11th, 2021, Catholic Charities NY will be joining forces with over 5,000 volunteers representing over 40 companies, interfaith groups, and organizations to help combat hunger at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City.
We will be helping assemble over 1 Million dry meals for individuals at risk of hunger.
Catholic Charities is an official partner for this project and we need your help!
Please arrive at 1:45 pm or 4:45 pm to check in and go through security.
Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
12th Ave. & 46th Street
New York, NY 10036, United States
The event will be held INDOORS and be AIR CONDITIONED.
Shift change! Due to high volumes of participants, for your safety, We will now be joining for two shifts in the afternoon/evening 2-4pm and 5-7pm
Parking: Please note that parking is NOT available on-site at the event. There may be private parking lots nearby, but we encourage you to take mass transit.
What to Bring and Not to Bring:
- Bring a government issued ID and your online event ticket, either printed or on your smartphone. If you forget to bring your ticket, show up anyway.
- Small fanny packs and handbags are fine but do not bring large backpacks. You won't be able to take them in.
- Please eat beforehand. Bring a snack bar and a water bottle. We won't have food available.
- For food and safety reasons, all jewlery on your hands, wrists, and ears will be requested to be removed and asked to be placed in your bag during the duration of the event.
- Please refrain from bringing large bagpacks. All items will be searched by Intreped security upon arrival.
Dress: Dress comfortably, you will be moving around! Shorts and t-shirts are okay, and comfortable closed-toed shoes are recommended.
You may bring friends, partners, and children 10 or over, but they must be registered in advance as part of your group and arrive with their own tickets. This means that they also count toward the organization’s total volunteer count.
If you are registering with your child(ren), please make sure to sign up below as a Team. You can add your child(ren) as team members.
Covid 19 policy
Update from the My Good Deed Foundation 8.23.2021
Proof of Vaccination Required
All participants must be fully vaccinated (a minimum of two weeks since
second dose or Johnson & Johnson shot) and provide proof of vaccination to
enter the Project. Acceptable proof of vaccination includes:
● CDC Vaccination Card
● Photo of CDC Vaccination Card
● State Vaccination Record or Digital Vaccine Passport (varies state by
A negative COVID test will NOT be accepted in place of proof of vaccination.
- Please Adhere to temperature checks when signing in.
- Arrive with your face mask securely on.
- Utilize all hand sanitizing stations frequently and maintain a clean work area.
- Follow all social distancing protocols and crowd flow areas.
- Listen for further instruction from our staff on site.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:12+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: