2023 CCCS Asylum Seeker Support at St. Teresa's Church
St. Teresa's Asylum Seeker Satellite Site: We are a group of social workers and case managers who create a welcoming environment for asylum seekers. We provide assistance that includes the provision of social services, access to goods, advocacy, focus groups, and general support. Assistance can be crisis intervention and/or more long-term planning to help people adjust to life in NYC.
*For the next several months, Catholic Charities staff needs YOUR help welcoming asylum seekers to the building, answering questions in the waiting room, assisting guests with applications, and helping the staff with administrated tasks!
What you will do:
- Greet families when they arrive
- Engaging children with art activities
- Offer/Distribute snacks and water to all families that arrive
- Walking clients to the neighborhood cell phone store Total by Verizon located at 105 Clinton Street New York NY 10002 (646) 964-4599
- Walking clients to Gouverneur Hospital (To apply for medical insurance) located at 227 Madison Street New York NY 10002 (844) 692-4692
- Walking clients to the nearby Post Office located at 128 East Broadway New York NY 10002
- Assist case management staff with admin tasks as needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Speaker required
- Other languages are a plus!
- Customer service mentality
- Patience and a warm personality
- Independent thinker but able to follow directions from supervisors
139 Henry Street, New York City, New York
Main Point of Contact
Work Phone 347-348-4740
*PLEASE NOTE: the smartphone maps like to send people to the Brooklyn location. Make sure you are going to the Manhattan St. Teresa's location.
**Entrance is separate from the church. Please Look for the Catholic Charities signs on Henry St.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: