Interpretation Assistance at Asylum Interviews
We need volunteers who are willing to interpret at asylum interviews.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- fluent in Spanish or French comfortable hearing traumatic stories
- able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- able to travel to the asylum offices in Lyndhurst, NJ, New York City, and/or Bethpage, NY
- punctual and reliable (tardiness can have a negative impact on the client’s case)
- able to have a flexible schedule.
Ideally, you would also be available to come to the office(s) (Downtown Manhattan or South Bronx) or to meet with the client once before the scheduled interview to get acquainted with the child and the case, but it is not a requirement.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: